More Than 30 TikTok Stats To Use For Marketing In 2023On February 4, 2023 by Bryan Campbell
TikTok has become a powerful hub for content, community, and commerce over the past few years.
TikTok remains an important communication platform for all brands aiming to reach millennials and Gen Z users. If you know how to promote your brand on TikTok, you can win over a large following.
TikTok is constantly adapting in order to become a growth driver for brands by providing them with a platform for intense engagement and collaboration.
Before you come up with the next viral trend for your brand, take a look at some of the statistics from TikTok.
Over a billion people around the world use TikTok every month.
- Currently, TikTok can be downloaded in over 200 different nations.
- There are a lot of young people using TikTok.
- 52.38 percent of the global population is under the age of 24.
- Popularity on TikTok is highest in the United States (with 136.5 million users), Indonesia (with 99 million users), and Brazil (with 74 million users).
- TikTok users between the ages of 18 and 29 made up 48% of all users as of April 2021, with users between the ages of 30 and 49 accounting for 20% and those between the ages of 50 and 64 making up 14%.
- Females make up 57% of TikTok’s global user base, while males account for 43%.
- About 24% of TikTok users are women between the ages of 18 and 24, while only about 18% are men of the same age range.
- Gen Z makes up 60% of TikTok’s user base.There doesn’t seem to be a single demographic that doesn’t enjoy using TikTok. Users between the ages of 4 and 15 spend the most time per session on TikTok, an average of 91 minutes.
TikTok relies heavily on video, with over 100 billion video views per month serving as the platform’s backbone. You can increase exposure and interaction with each video by using its unique hashtag.
TikTok data shows that hashtags are used in 87.3% of all videos on the platform. Take a look at some TikTok metrics to learn about the community’s behaviour.
- TikTok attracts 19.6 hours of monthly usage time from Android users.
- Many people visit TikTok in search of humorous videos.
- TikTok’s iOS user base consists of 120.5 million monthly users and 30.8 million daily users.
- When it comes to Android users, TikTok attracts a staggering amount of attention, with 30 million monthly active users and 15.54 million daily users.
- If you’re a regular user, you probably check TikTok 19 times a day.
- Young people use the app for an average of 91 minutes per day.
- 61.3% of the U.S. Generation Z population uses TikTok on a monthly basis, per eMarketer.
- Monthly average usage in the United States is close to 500 minutes.
- The average monthly video views on TikTok are over 100 billion.
- More than a third of TikTokers (34%) do so on a daily basis.
- More than 90% of TikTok’s users log in each and every day.
- A whopping 68% of TikTok users have watched a video posted by someone else.
- More than half of all TikTok users share their own videos.
- A total of 41% of TikTok users have shared their own reactions to user-uploaded videos.
- At least one hashtag is present in 87.3% of all videos.
TikTok has made it easier than ever for brands to generate interest and buzz with the introduction of new tools. Many of the most popular types of content on TikTok have attracted over a billion cumulative views.
TikTok users are also known for their adoration of “micro-influencers.” Micro-influencers, with the help of their devoted following, averaged 17.96% engagement.
Using the platform’s engagement advantages, you should find more data like this about TikTok.
- Over the course of the past 12 months, more than 1 billion videos per day have been viewed on the app.
- About two-thirds of Tik Tok users have experimented with the app’s augmented reality features, such as the face filters and lenses.
- About a third of all TikTok users will take part in a hashtag challenge at some point.
- Approximately 5.95% of all videos on TikTok are viewed.
- Most TikTok users (about 90%) launch the app more than once.
- Only about half of the population has ever performed in a duet.
- TikTok users viewed “Entertainment” more than any other genre, with 545 billion total views across all hashtags.
- To sum up, “fyp” is the most popular hashtag.
- In a recent survey, 90% of TikTok users said that having good sound was very important to them.
- Sixty-three percent of active TikTok users say they’ve liked a video in the past 30 days.
- Over half of active TikTok users say they have left a comment on a user’s video.
- Upfluence found that the engagement rates for micro and mega influencers on TikTok were 17.96% and 4.96%, respectively.